I loved being part of your pre-season preparation. Look for more to come with New Beginnings Yoga & Wellness programs at Robson Ranch. I will be starting teaching classes on a regular basis in May. Hope to see you at one of our classes or special activities.
Thanks to Wally Segui for his great tips on warm up on the field! Here is a summary of his warm up routine. Make sure you get your muscles warm with 15-30 minutes of active warm up prior to game time to arm your muscles, joints and tendons to avoid strain and injury.
- Run the Bases, Forward, side to side, backwards,
- Body Squats
- Walking Lunges, reaching under with alternate arms
- Walking toe touches, with arm circles
- Walking hip rolls-in and roll-out (stepping over the live wire)
- Walking side lunge
- Walking knee highs
- Sprint to 1st base at 50%, 75%, 100%
- Walking butt kicks
- Arm circles
So before you start playing or practicing take time to get those muscles active and warmed up! Stretch after the game, not before.
Here’s to a great season.
Brandy Wismer, New Beginnings Yoga & Wellness at Robson Ranch