Start the new year off right with a TNT Healthy Life Commitment to improve your health and well being.
What’s in it for you and why bother?
Every year you read about New Year’s resolutions to make a change for the better. With over 88% of people who make a new year resolution failing to achieve them, why bother? Because in four words…it is worth it.
Recently I heard someone say, “I feel so much better when I start my day right, with 10 minutes of moving and stretching’. A small change, with positive results. This is a great example of a “TNT Habit” (Tiny, New, Tangible).
Set yourself up for success by making a wellness goal tied to TNT habits that are concrete, achievable and sustainable. A resolution is abstract. However, building a new habit to meet a goal is concrete, measurable and you know when you have achieved it. The key to long term success is making any goal a habit first.
Maybe you can’t scale a rock wall like my son Ryan in the picture below, but you can start on the path to a healthier year with your own TNT habits.
Here are 3 examples of new year’s resolutions that overwhelmingly fail versus habits that overwhelmingly succeed.
Resolution: Eat healthy food vs. TNT Habit: Start substituting that 1 daily morning pastry or sugary cereal for fresh fruit.
Resolution: Lose weight vs. Habit: 5 times a week, go for a 20-30 minute walk around the block.
Resolution: Manage stress vs. Habit: Take 5-10 slow, deep breaths throughout the day whenever you are feeling stressed or anxious.
Next Steps… Set yourself up for success!
Step 1 Define Your Goal and potential TNT habits to get there
- Figure out what you want to change, or goal you want to achieve
- Explore possible TNT (Tiny, New Tangible) habits to get on the road to your wellness goal.
Step 2 Get Started on Your TNT Healthy Life Plan
- Set 1-3 TNT habits (Tiny, New, Tangible) habits that will help you achieve your healthy life goal.
- Be realistic
- Make sustainable lifestyle decisions, not temporary "quick fix" changes
- Put it in writing
- Enlist a support team of friends and family to help you maintain focus
- Engage the help of a medical or fitness professional to help guide you as needed with your TNT Healthy Life Plan.
- Let technology help you track your success (food and fitness trackers are great tools)
How to Get Started on Your TNT Healthy Year Life Plan Join us in February for tips to help you get started on your own TNT Healthy Life Plan. Watch for more information on this free seminar. Contact email@example.com for more details.